Helminthiasis, or worm infestation is the infection of the parasite. Catch the worms in the can for all – Pets, using household appliances, dirty hands, raw fish or meat. Such sources, a huge amount, so in real life it is difficult and almost impossible to protect against worms. Infection with worms often occurs under the guise of other diseases – diseases of the digestive system, impaired vision, diseases of the liver and other internal organs. This complicates the diagnostic process and lead to inefficiency of the prescribed treatment.
The main type of worms
In nature there are about 250 species of helminths. Each requires certain conditions for their existence and development. The worms differ in size, shape and other features. Classification of these parasites is not yet fully formed and validated by the researchers. Separation of worms on a regional basis is also the place to be. This fact complicates the classification of the parasite.
Countries in middle latitudes with temperate climatic conditions, it is possible to count more than 20 species of helminths, which are divided into three groups depending on the appearance and form:
- Round (nematodes);
- Tape (cestodes);
- Flat (trematodes).
Signs and symptoms of worms in humans
Worms, parasites in the human body, literally "suck" it out of him. The first signs of the presence in the body of the worms, expressed as chronic fatigue, sudden weight loss, improved or loss of appetite. Itching the anal area also indicates a possible infection of helminths.
Signs of parasitic infection in the body can be indirect symptoms characteristic of gastrointestinal diseases, neurosis, skin diseases and allergies. It can be:
- Pain in the abdomen, nausea and vomiting, constipation, diarrhea;
- Constant fatigue, weakness, headache, fever, drowsiness, lethargy, insomnia;
- Violation of the structure of the hair and nails, allergic rhinitis, urticaria, itchy rash, dry spasmodic cough, bronchospasm;
- Against the background of weak immunity organism defeat various infectious and inflammatory diseases of the process (exacerbated chronic diseases, reducing the body's defenses, and he becomes a target for the reproduction of pathogenic micro-organisms and infection).
Diagnosis of worms in the human body
For the detection of worms in the body was used in two methods: duodenal intubation and analysis of feces, urine, spit, depending on their type and to detect helminth eggs. These diagnostic methods are not perfect, because a big role in research has been the human factor. The results depend on the skills and qualifications of the laboratory that did this analysis. An inexperienced technician can distinguish the signs of parasite material.
Science has stepped forward, and now is more informative and accurate diagnosis of worm infestation – immunological studies of biomaterials, which allows high accuracy to determine the amount of antibodies and antigens of different types of worms. These are:
- ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay worms). The veracity of the results of this method is over 90%. This study shows whether the parasites and the eggs of worms in the body, the cycle of their development and the species to which they belong.
- ELISA tests – specially designed tests that show that the body's reaction to infection. This method is not independent. It is used in conjunction with ELISA (laboratory for microscopic examination).
- Serological methods (REEF, rnga, RSK, RAL). These methods are often used in the diagnosis of helminthiasis in the acute stage.
- Ultrasound, x-ray of the internal organs.
- CT (computed tomography), endoscopy.
- PCR detection of invasion of the body intracellular parasites and protozoa.
- Bioresonance diagnosis – the research, when a particular feature of the parasite frequencies to calculate their body at an early stage.
Treatment of worms in adults
Worms in nature, there are many different types, so it would be naive to believe that there is one miracle pill, which rid the body of parasitic infestations in just one meeting. Treatment of helminthiasis in adults is associated with a variety of drugs and procedures, as well as strict adherence to all recommendations of the doctor and the rules of personal hygiene. Remedy for worms is chosen individually, based on the results of the study and the type of detected worms.
Tablet worms to humans
Pills against worms can be the destruction of many species of helminths most common in certain latitudes, and certain parasites. The most common preparations of worms wide application on the basis of four main ingredients:
- Based on Pyrantel use in the treatment of ascariasis, trichuriasis, etc.;
- On the basis of Levamisole – a drug effective in attacking the body of all kinds of parasites, in addition to the main thing, the drug has immunomodulatory properties;
- On the basis of substance Albendazole is widely used for the treatment of advanced stages of infection.
- On the basis of other substances – drugs effective in the treatment of different worms.
Folk remedies for worms
Not only medicines can help to eliminate worms from the body. Nature has thought of everything in advance and give people the opportunity to get rid of parasites using plants and their fruits. In folk medicine there are many recipes for the treatment of helminth infection. Among them we can highlight the most common:
- Wormwood – used in the form of ground powder or boiled in broth. The dry leaves give a strong bitterness, it is better to take honey. To prepare the broth you will need 2 tablespoons of raw pour 0.5 liters of boiling water and boil on low heat for 15 minutes. The infusion is prepared like a decoction, only the brew is not necessary. Alcohol tincture is prepared as follows: half a liter of vodka to take 100 grams of dried sage leaves, cover and put in a week in a cool dark place.
- Tansy, treatment and prevention used the seeds and buds of this plant. A tablespoon of seeds of tansy pour a glass of boiling water. Required, until then, until cool. The infusion of inflorescences is prepared as follows: half a Cup of dried flowers you will need half a liter of boiling water. Required, until the drink cool to room temperature and strain through gauze or a bandage.
- On the basis of ginger tea, raw ginger honey is one of the most delicious and effective methods for the treatment of helminthiasis. To prepare this drink just a tablespoon or 30 – 50 grams of fresh, minced ginger root, pour boiling water and leave to cool to a temperature of 6 degrees. Honey can be diluted with warm drinking or just dissolve in the mouth, tea.
- Infusion dry ground cloves with the coriander in a Cup of boiling water to 50-60 grams of dry powder. Cast remedy should about an hour in a warm place. You can wrap the container of the drink a warm kitchen towel.
- Garlic – used in any form: boiled, fried and raw. It is better to add raw crushed garlic to salads and other dishes, such as fresh, it contains more nutrients, so "I don't like" parasites.
In addition, decoctions, tinctures and other folk remedies for self-medication also apply a cleansing enema. It is believed that the effectiveness of these methods, thanks to the local action, is much more than prepared orally, and this treatment virtually no side effects. Enema is used for:
- Tincture of garlic – pounded mass of garlic, pour warm, not hot, boiled water and infuse for about half an hour. One average head of garlic take one glass of warm water. You can prepare a larger amount of topic proportions.
- The infusion of tansy – spoon of dry inflorescences pour 0.5 liters of boiling water, wrap in a warm towel and put in a warm place and leave for 40 minutes – 50. Use an infusion of the enema should be at a temperature of 36 – 37 degrees.
- An infusion of dried sage preparation will need 50 grams of dry powdered leaves pour boiling water and let cool. This tool is much stronger, so wrong it's not worth it.
Prevention of infection with worms
Parasites live in the environment and live together with a man. The risk of infection is always high. Prevention of worms is the best tool in this situation. Preventive measures should be regularly, because of the different type of parasite is the development of the individual during the.
As for the treatment and prevention held all family members at the same time. Based on the fact that medicines against worms poisonous, prevention is better to prefer natural remedies, such as garlic, pumpkin seeds, a decoction of wormwood, and try to avoid possible sources of infection of worms. Preventive methods include:
- Hygiene – washing hands with soap after using the toilet, in public places and transport, before and after meals, use of personal towels and soap, bed linen and underwear;
- Eating just to wash fruits, vegetables and products passed thermal treatment;
- The destruction of the apartment, particularly the kitchen all kinds of insects (mosquitoes, flies, cockroaches), which carry helminth eggs in the legs or tip;
- Avoid to drink water from unreliable sources; use water no need to tap;
- Drug prevention – the use of anthelmintic drugs regularly for 4 — 6 months or when the obvious risk of infection; as a preventive measure is used the same drugs as for treatment, only a lower dose.