Adults often pinworm and roundworm. There can also be different types of tapeworms that treat tapeworms. In any case, if you have symptoms of helminthiasis should immediately contact a doctor who will prescribe an effective treatment.
The causes of the disease
There are several sources of contamination of the body of helminths:
- Please contact kill the worms pass from person to person. I saw pinworms are usually spread, and the risk of infection is very high.
- Insect bites. Quite often carriers of worms are mosquitoes.
The main route of infection of worms considered to be fecal-oral. In this case, the helminth eggs enter the human body with food or water. Quite a rare worm infestation occur during insect bites.
Symptoms of worms in adults
Signs of infection are directly dependent on the localization of worms in the body. Large colonies of parasites – ascarids, pinworms, tapeworms – are found in the gut, however, some helminths are able to move through the body. For example, the roundworm can first get the stomach and from there via the blood from the lungs or the liver. There they develop for three weeks, and then again enter the intestine or the stomach.
Pinworms are often located in the anus and cause intense itching. In women they can also be localized in the genitals. Such parasites as the cat liver fluke or parasite, often live in the liver and pancreas. Parasites can attack the muscles and bones, and tsepni – penetrate even the brain. Also, some types of worms can reside in the respiratory tract causing a persistent cough.
Depending on the localization causes the following symptoms of helminthiasis:
- Constipation. The worms of large size can close the lumen of the intestine, which causes a violation of the chair. Constipation can last more than two days.
- Diarrhea. Some parasites produce a special substance that stimulates the body's secretion of undigested food residues with plenty of water.
- Flatulence. Individual species of helminths provoke puffiness in the small intestine, resulting in excess gas formation. If time does not get rid of the worms, flatulence can take up to several months.
- Irritable bowel syndrome. Worms can cause the development of inflammation in the intestine, leading to malabsorption of nutrients.
- Pain in muscles and joints. Worms can be located in any part of the body. If they fall in the joints or muscles, you can begin to destroy tissue. The result is pain, which is the body's response to activity of the parasite.
- Allergy. Selection of worms can cause the body's production of special cells called eosinophils. They lead to inflammation of the tissues, which will cause allergic reactions.
- Diseases of the skin. As a result, the person has pimples, wrinkles, hives, acne and even warts. Sometimes infection with helminths leads to increased fragility of nails and hair.
- Anemia. Certain types of worms are able to stick to the walls of the intestine, receiving from him not only nutrients, but also blood. Eventually, the man is the development of anemia.
- The weight change. Most often, infection with helminths leads to sharp weight loss. The fact that the parasites absorb a significant amount of nutrients coming into the human body with food. In addition, the presence of helminth infection often leads to loss of appetite. However, in some cases in humans, an increase in body mass – this process is a protective reaction of the body to release the worms.
- Problems with the nervous system activity. The presence of worms in the body affects the state of the nervous system. As a result, the person develops anxiety, anxiety and even depression.
- Sleep disorders. If every night wake up in the middle of a dream, this can indicate a helminth infection. It was at this time, cleansing the liver of toxins produced by helminths. Usually at night parasites can leave the body through the anus, and this process is accompanied by the feeling of strong itching.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome. This condition is manifested by depression, lethargy, weakness. The cause of this problem is the lack of nutrients in the body. A person may experience memory impairment, emotional tension.
- Disorders of the immune system. Infection with helminths can cause immune system disorders. As a result, people much more often suffer from viral diseases. It can be allergic reactions to conventional products. Of the intestine often develop goiter or colitis, but the face – acne and herpes.
- Oncologic pathology. Worms can be so much poison for the body that the immune system can only cope with this process. Results to develop a variety of complications, including to promote the emergence of malignant tumors.
- The inflammatory process in the Airways. The worms can move freely in various organs, and, of course, the respiratory system can be the exception. If the worms clog the breathing channels, there can be difficulty breathing. Also people often cough and increased body temperature. Quite a dangerous complication of helminth infections is to develop asthma.
Methods of diagnosis of helminthiasis
In order to identify the worms in the adult human body, the most commonly used special method. This study is the analysis of a feces on eggs of helminths, which are parasitic in the digestive tract. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to obtain absolute results, because all the worms lay their eggs in a systematic way.
Through this study we could clearly identify the parts, the bodies of the worms and their eggs. As a result, it is possible not only to diagnose helminth infections, but also to determine the species of parasite observed.
If there is a suspicion that the localization of helminths in the lungs, visible on x-ray. In addition, examination of the sputum. To identify the parasites in the liver, brain or kidneys, to perform CT or ultrasound. Diagnosis of helminths in the blood, allowing the blood. Also for this purpose can be carried out immunological tests.
Treatment for worms in adults
Therapy was the most effective, you need to consult a doctor and follow its recommendations. The expert will prescribe treatment only on the basis of the test results. Make your own preparations against worms, because they have a toxic effect on the human body. In addition, it is worth considering that different worms require different treatment. Equally important when choosing the drug dose is age and weight of the person.
Many drugs ineffective against larvae and eggs of worms. In addition, there is a fairly high risk of infection. So after 2-3 weeks, the treatment must be repeated.
Among the folk remedies to combat helminths secrete pumpkin seeds and the herb tansy. The seeds should be cleaned yourself to save and eat the thin film, which is located between the seed and the shell.
Getting rid of worms 300 g the product is crushed, mixed with honey and eat it. Do it best in the morning. Then you need to 3-4 hours to abstain from food. After that you need to do an enema. The treatment can be repeated a couple of weeks.
One popular way to worms tansy is. Prepare the broth with 3 tablespoons of herbs, pour a glass of boiling water and leave for 1 hour, then drain. The skin should drink 3-4 times a day on a tablespoon.
To cope with toxins and destroy the worms help the products, which have a bitter taste. For these purposes, it is recommended to use wormwood and cloves. In addition, almost all of the worms do not tolerate an acidic environment. So to cope with worms by including in the diet of sauerkraut, Apple cider vinegar, the natural juices of sour fruits and vegetables.
If you suspect the presence of worms in the body, it is necessary to include in the diet of a large number of fresh carrots. Also very useful to drink natural carrot juice and infusion of birch buds. For its preparation a teaspoon of raw pour a glass of water and heat in steam bath for half an hour. Two hours later, the infusion is ready for use. It is recommended to take half a glass means twice a day. The course of treatment – 1 week.
Prevention of worms
No need to deal with the unpleasant consequences of helminth infection, it is recommended to carry out preventive measures. You can do this, is to abandon the use of raw water sources or wells. You can drink only boiled or filtered water.
After contact with the ground your hands need a good wash with soap and water. Not less carefully it is necessary to wash vegetables, herbs, fruits and berries. It is very important to carefully heat processing of meat, fish and poultry. It is not recommended to eat dried, salted or raw products containing the blood.
After bathing in the waters, it is necessary to take a shower. You should not allow Pets to lick your hands or face, because their language can be helminth eggs. After contact with animals should wash their hands. Also, you should run anti-parasitic cleaning pet.
The peculiarities of helminth infections during pregnancy
Worms no one is immune, and of course, pregnant women are no exception. In addition, during pregnancy, the immune system is significantly weakened, and therefore, a threat to the development of helminthiasis add. To avoid this, you should pay attention to prevention of disease – it is good to wash your hands after using the toilet or contact with animals, to carefully handle the vegetables, herbs and fruits before eating.
If the infection is still occurred, you should immediately contact your doctor. During pregnancy, you can take not every remedy for worms. During this period only to be used piperazine. When infected by parasites, the dose is 1.5-2 g, the treatment course is 2 days and 2 doses an hour before a meal. If a pregnant woman is diagnosed with pinworms, treatment should continue for 5 days, taking the drug, the same dose.
Worms are quite common in adults, cause serious disturbance to the work of several organs and systems. To prevent the development of dangerous complications, you should deal with prevention of helminthiasis. If the parasite all-taki has got into the organism, it is necessary to consult a doctor who will prescribe an effective remedy.