Worms in humans occur as a result of infection of their eggs (worm infestation). Scientific studies have shown that about 25% of the entire human race on the planet is helminthiasis.
Worms adult can parasitize any organ. Most worms live in the intestines, is also a favorite of many localization are the lungs and liver. Very rare to find worms, which are parasitic on the eyeballs and muscles.
Worms in humans — how they look
The most important diagnostic value have data of possible helminth infection. Equally important is information about how to look for worms in humans. This will help avoid possible complications and to identify worms in humans in the early stages.
The most common pinworm and roundworm. Their appearance is somewhat reminiscent of the usual worm white. Their length can vary from 20 to 40 cm body is slim and oblong. There are larger parasites – tapeworm wide. It is similar to the tape (because of its flat hull). the length of this worm may reach several meters.
Classification of helminths
What kind of worms in humans? It is possible to allocate two types of the parasite (depending on the localization in the body): luminal and tissue.
- Fabric – those worms who want to live in the parenchyma of the organs (liver, pancreas, muscle, brain matter, lung tissue, etc.).
- Translucent worms live mainly in the lumen of the intestine. Such parasites are roundworm, tapeworm, dwarf tapeworm, beef tapeworm, whipworm, broad tapeworm, pinworms and others.
The stage of development of the disease
- The parasite is in the egg stage. Before you get into the human body, it needs from the oral cavity. You can do this, the egg to adult. Human infection occurs when hit in the mouth with eggs of worms.
- The second stage — the egg comes out the larva. As soon as you get the egg in the gastrointestinal tract, and its larvae hatch. Its task is to move the whole body in search of the perfect living environment. After reaching the destination, the larvae continue its growth and development, and become adults.
- The third stage – the parasite becomes an adult fish, which may lay eggs.
It is interesting to know that all worms tend during development, and the transition from one phase to another, travel on the human body.
Is a very good question — what causes worms in humans? The fact is that the infection is due to a lack of hygiene. For example, a person may be infected because of eating unwashed produce. This is mainly true, vegetables and fruits that grow in the ground and in direct contact with him. The fact that Ascaris eggs Mature in the soil, and the contact with agricultural products contamination.
Symptoms of worm infestation
Signs of worms in humans, most often occur during the "journey" of worms. In other words, the adult helminth to produce less symptoms. Than previous forms (stages). Most people make complaints, when the worms are embryonic (eggs) or larvae.
For example, you can offer the life cycle of the roundworm. These worms moving throughout the human body and often gives symptoms. As already mentioned initially, roundworm, body vegetables and fruit caviar. After the eggs hatch the larvae. It is quite fast (2-3 hours) will become the circulatory system, and together with the blood flow recorded in the pulmonary circulation, which ends in the lungs.
Of the pulmonary system, the larvae grow and eat. The younger the larvae during its life slowly makes his way to the small bronchi. Through the bronchial tree, the larvae enters the trachea and then in the very mouth. Again, he swallows the larvae, and he again found himself in the digestive tract. Now the caterpillar is ready to move to the third stage, and grow.
All this long course gives the symptoms which can help identify the infection of the parasite before detection of roundworm eggs in the feces of man. During the stay in the roundworm larvae in the lungs, the patient has the following symptoms:
- Dry, hack of the cough.
- An asthmatic attack.
- Possible allergic reactions such as rash and itching.
- Increase in body temperature.
But moving into the adult stage, the parasite does not show any symptoms. To identify worms in humans is only possible, if you accidentally analysis on helminth eggs.
Symptoms of worms in humans can vary depending on the disease stage. There are a number of steps:
The first stage is characterized by acute beginning of the disease (time of exposure of the eggs of the digestive tract in man). This stage lasts on average about 2-3 weeks, but there are serious cases, when the bots get extended (about 2-3 months).
Externally the worms occurs in the following manner: the patient will experience an allergic rash, the cough is dry and suffocating. When you carry out a General analysis of blood leukocyte formula changes slightly, the number of eosinophils is significantly increased.
Purchased step followed immediately in the acute stage. Its duration varies from a few weeks to a month, and can last up to several years. The clinical picture varies depending on the location of helminths and their types, quantity and so on.
Feature of the life of the worms is that they attach to the wall of the intestine, stomach, liver and other organs with the help of special hooks. Such devices repair can be represented in the form of suction cups, spikes and plates cutting surface. As a result of damage to the surface of the walls of the organ fixing equipment to worms, the irritation and inflammation of the tissues. Cysticerci compresses the surrounding organs or tissues, leading to various complications.
Bought stage is characterized by the dysfunction of metabolism. This is due to the fact that the profitability of the parasite will consume all the minerals, vitamins, proteins, fats and carbohydrates, which come from the external environment. Also, because the habitat of the worms primarily in the digestive tract, process of digestion and absorption of nutrients from food in the intestines is disturbed. Some types of worms (Ascaris) can produce toxins that can neutralize our own enzymes in the human body (such as trypsin, pepsin, and others). As a result, impaired digestion of proteins.
The human immune system is also undergoing a number of changes: increases the risk of allergic reactions, possible fever, fatigue. This is due to the fact that the worms survive is to suppress the protective mechanism of the human body. The consequences of reduced immunity, one is exposed to secondary infection by bacteria, viruses and protozoa (amebiasis). It also reduces the effectiveness of vaccinations.
Signs of infected worms occur later 2-3 weeks. The exception is ascariasis, as larvae, when the lungs, causing cough and fever for a couple of days. But the infection has a long asymptomatic incubation period – 12 to 18 months.
Early in the acute phase has the following clinical picture:
- allergic rash, sometimes itchy;
- swollen lymph nodes;
- pain of skeletal muscles and joints.
The most common blood test shows changes in the number of eosinophils (their number is increased), leukocyte formula is shifted to the right (leukocytosis). It also happens that the patient complains of pain in the abdomen (belly syndrome).
Acquired phase often occurs without any symptoms. Very rarely characterized by symptoms of worm infestation, in cases where the parasite is large (tapeworm).
Hookworm causes anaemia iron deficiency. As the parasite feeds exclusively on blood. When heavy helminthiasis (roundworm) possible development of complications, such as intestinal blockage. When the infected liver develop jaundice.
Opisthorchiasis lead to serious diseases of the biliary tract (holecistoholangit, inflammation of the pancreas). Perhaps the development of complications from hepatitis and gastrointestinal diseases. In some cases it is reported neurological symptoms.
Treatment of worms in humans
Many who are faced with this disease, interested in the question — how to get rid of worms in humans. The acute period of the disease is very important to carry out detoxification and desensitizing treatment. Suppress allergic reactions, it is recommended to appoint antihistamines.
Successful treatment should be deworming the whole family, good hygiene, repeat the procedure for two weeks.
Folk remedies in the fight against helminthiasis
Folk remedies effective against worms not less than all of the conventional medications offered by pharmaceutical companies. The most important thing is that the traditional means is a time-tested and do not have such side effects.
Recipes to get rid of worms is a lot, you just need to choose the most suitable. Traditional medicine is based on what is not like worms.
- Many have heard that garlic and onions are an excellent tool for the prevention of helminthic infestation. It is really so. In addition, these products are rich in vitamins, which cost pennies and do not affect the liver as pharmacological drugs.
- In addition, garlic and onions, perfect effect is grapefruit, pumpkin seeds, radishes, pomegranate, Apple cider vinegar, horseradish, fresh, salted fish and so on. To cope with worms, raw carrots and beets.
- Among the liqueurs the activity is infusions of rose hips and peppermint. In the old days very often drank the juice of sauerkraut. Vinegar contained in it is also completely remove the worms from the body.
- Treatment of folk remedies should start with diet. It would be nice to spend a week with some vegetables and temporarily stay vegetarian. This approach would be significantly weakened, the parasite, and thus it is easier to deal with him. It is not necessary to starve, because it does not affect the health of the worms.
- Well helps with cleansing enema. It is necessary to put them in for the night. Public enema prepared with milk and garlic. You need to boil the garlic in one glass of milk. Drain. Adults rather than 1 Cup a day. Enemas should not be placed less than a week.
- Well against ascariasis struggling with tincture of onion. This boiled onion. Strain the broth insist night. The broth should drink on an empty stomach. The duration of treatment to four days.
- Pumpkin seeds represent its value in the fight against helminths mainly in the shell. If you don't eat pumpkin seeds for two weeks. It can be a long time to say goodbye to the bot.
- A very simple way to get rid of worms – eat raw carrot and fresh beet juice.
- Effect against the worms is watermelon juice. It should drink on an empty stomach, and then another 30 minutes nothing to eat or drink. A good remedy for helminthiasis – a decoction of oak bark and peel a pomegranate.
- To cope with worms propolis. Remember, however, that he may be allergic to. He also has an antimicrobial effect and a positive effect on the immune system of the human body. Propolis is a versatile tool, which also helps ulcers in the digestive tract, frostbite and burns. The effectiveness of propolis against parasites is incredibly high. It can increase the amount of protective protein and is involved in antibody production. The most important thing is, the propolis completely harmless to human health.
- Strictly rules of personal hygiene.
- Careful handling of food.
- To prevent diseases, it is time to identify infected people and time to start their treatment.