"Berry tastes best straight from the Bush". This saying is familiar, perhaps, everyone from childhood. Who hasn't tried flavored strawberry straight from the garden or blueberry during collection. One of the berry basket, two in my mouth. A seemingly innocent habit of chewing in the mouth a blade of grass? Often adults do so themselves. Like, don't worry. Look how delicious. Danger of "gift" the worms don't all think or treat it too carelessly. Just think, no parasites are terrible. No need to pay attention to.
Whether so it actually? Whether the worms are harmful to the body, and I have to deal with them? Is prevention and how to get rid of worms?
Most often, the parasites penetrate into the body of the child. After all, guys, especially from 3 to 10 years, not always well-formed hygienic skills, and a passion for knowledge, that the world is off the charts.
Some parasites live in our body?
Most often in children has been detected worms related to roundworms: pinworm, roundworm (ascariasis), less — vlasoglavy.
Common signs and symptoms of worm infestation
- high temperature;
- frequent occurrence of dry cough;
- vomiting, abdominal pain, frustration of a chair;
- poor appetite (the child does not want to eat or, on the contrary, eating a lot, but losing weight);
- allergic reactions — rash, edema;
- "gusinaya leather" — the pale and dry, bruising under the eyes;
- zaedy in the corners of the mouth (a sign of lack of vitamins);
- restless, disturbed sleep, and irritability;
- itching in the anus.
Interesting facts: people, the first sign of worm infestation is considered the grinding of the teeth during sleep. In fact, it can be a healthy child. It is connected rather emotional overload. The case of a loss of worms, teeth crunching only one in five. The fact that helminths cause chronic poisoning of the nervous system.
Why prevention of worms important?
To determine the presence of intestinal worms in adults and children most often in three primary ways:
- feces analysis;
- curettage (with masking tape).
- serological examination of blood. When the worms are in the body, produces antibodies. Them and looking for blood. Most often the blood examination is toxocariasis, hydatid disease, trichinosis, and cysticercosis the pork tapeworm, the presence of bovine tapeworm.
However, that analysis was not found in the worms, does not mean that the child they are not infected. To ensure that the analysis is positive, it is simultaneously execute a number of conditions. For example, when the study in the body can be only men or egg in the non-deferred females.
Therefore, a more reliable result repeat analysis is recommended 2-3 times with an interval of several days.
What should I do?
In spite of many threatening and at least unpleasant consequences of helminth infection, in 90% of cases the infection can be prevented by following simple rules of hygiene, and teach the children
- wash hands thoroughly after each contact with animals, work in the garden, playing in the yard and in the garden, before eating, after using the toilet;
- get rid of the habit of eating unwashed vegetables, wild herbs, berries, drinking water from natural water bodies;
- don't buy and don't prepare untested veterinary service meat. Poor quality, infected by worms, it can cause the serious disease trichinosis.
Interesting to know: in order to wash vegetables or lettuce, and dip them in a bowl of water, let sand settle to the bottom. Then wash under running water. If we talk about baby food, Apple or tomato, you can also pour over boiling water. You need to boil also water from the well or spring. But water from the tap is treated, before it enters the network, helminths not just not!
The infection the worms often occur in the open children's sand box, where you can freely walk around at night in a dog or cat. Closed the sandbox and ban dogs on the Playground can be a great help to reduce morbidity among children.
For connected medicine
2 times a year (spring and autumn) it is desirable for the prevention to take medication against worms (especially rule applies to those families with less than 10 years). As a rule, the available drugs for the treatment of worm infestations a convenient dosage: just drink one pill. If we talk about the prevention of infection with worms, in 2 weeks, the drug should be repeated.
What is important to remember:
- medicines against worms are dispensed only on prescription;
- to drink the medicine at the same time, all living in the apartment residents, even the pets;
- the children, after 10 years it is recommended that preventive medication against worms, once a year, or more frequently if there are clear signs of infection;
- if you notice signs of infection, drugs against helminth infection may be given unannounced.
Worms are not harmless. They can hide in the body, does not cause acute symptoms, however, causes chronic poisoning of the nervous system, weakness, anemia. Because the tests are often not accurate, doctors recommend medication against worms for the prevention 2 times a year — spring and autumn. Such a measure will not bring harm, but to get rid of the many harmful consequences of worm infestation.