Worms call worms group worms, which are parasitic to the human body and cause dysfunction of organs and systems. The most commonly occurs in children pinworms and ascarids.
Worms call worms group worms, which are parasitic to the human body and cause dysfunction of organs and systems. The most commonly occurs in children pinworms and ascarids. There can also be different types of tapeworms that treat tapeworms. In any case, if you have symptoms of helminthiasis should immediately contact a doctor who will prescribe an effective treatment.
The reasons for infecting children with helminths
There are several sources of contamination of the body of helminths:
- Geohelminths – in this case, the worms of the human body through the soil and into the water. It can also occur after contact with animals and during the removal of fly eggs in food. So that the child is infected with worms enough that he's eating poorly washed fruits or vegetables, or drink water from a natural source, which is not subjected to boiling.
- Please contact kill the worms pass from person to person. Usually, this way pinworms spread, and the risk of infection is high, especially in children's groups, for example, in kindergarten or at camp.
- Biogelmintoz – worms enter the body after the consumption of raw and undercooked meat or fish.
- Insect bites. Quite often carriers of worms are mosquitoes.
The main route of infection of worms considered to be fecal-oral. In this case, the helminth eggs enter the human body with food or water.
Worms in children: symptoms
Signs of infection are directly dependent on the localization of worms in the body. Large colonies of parasites – ascarids, pinworms, tapeworms – are found in the gut, however, some helminths are able to move through the body. For example, the roundworm can first get the stomach and from there via the blood from the lungs or the liver. There they develop for three weeks, and then again enter the intestine or the stomach.
Pinworms are often located in the anus and cause intense itching. Girls, they can also be localized to the genitals and cause a vaginal infection. Such parasites as the cat liver fluke or nests, often the liver and pancreas. Echinococcus capable of hitting muscle and bone, and tsepni – penetrate even the brain. Also, some types of worms can reside in the respiratory tract causing a persistent cough.
Depending on the localization of parasites in children can manifest the following symptoms of helminthiasis:
- Constipation. The worms of large size can close the lumen of the intestine, which causes a violation of the chair. Constipation can last more than two days.
- Diarrhea. Some parasites produce a special substance that stimulates the body's secretion of undigested food residues with plenty of water.
- Flatulence. Individual species of helminths provoke puffiness in the small intestine, resulting in excess gas formation. If time does not get rid of the worms, flatulence can take up to several months.
- Irritable bowel syndrome. Worms can cause inflammatory processes in the intestine, leading to malabsorption of nutrients and irregularin the chair.
- Pain in muscles and joints. This occurs when parasites enter the joint or the thickness of muscle tissue and begins to destroy them.
- Allergies. Selection of worms can cause the body's production of special cells that are responsible for the development of allergic reactions.
- Worms can cause dermatological diseases. As a result, the child with pimples, hives, acne, warts and manifestations of diathesis. Sometimes infection with helminths leads to increased fragility of nails and hair.
- Anemia. Certain types of worms are capable of lignum walls of the intestine, receiving from him not only nutrients, but also blood. Eventually, the child develops anemia, which can be diagnosed by clinical blood tests.
- The weight change. Most often, infection with helminths leads to sharp weight loss. The fact that the parasites absorb a significant amount of nutrients coming into the human body with food. In addition, the presence of helminth infection often leads to loss of appetite due to the penetration of toxins into the blood. However, in rare cases, the child has been observed to increase body mass – this process is a protective reaction of the body to release the worms.
- Disorders of the nervous system. The child becomes irritable, whiny and irritable. School children and young people in the background of helminthic infestation may develop depression.
- Sleep disorders. If the child wakes up every night, this can indicate a helminth infection. Night parasites can leave the body through the anus, this process is accompanied by severe itching feeling, which does not allow the baby to sleep. If after brushing, the child bites his nails or just drag the fingers in the mouth, so is a repeated autoinfection. For this reason, that worms in children is much more difficult than adults.
- Chronic fatigue syndrome. This condition is manifested by rapid fatigue, apathy, weakness. The cause of these conditions is that the lack of nutrients in the body. The child may experience memory impairment, emotional tension and drowsiness.
- Disorders of the immune system. Because helminth infection children much more often suffer from viral diseases. It can be allergic reactions to conventional products. Of the intestine often develop goiter or colitis, but the face – acne, herpes, and diathesis.
- The inflammatory process in the airways. In this case, the child has a cough and increased body temperature. Quite a dangerous complication of helminth infections is to develop asthma.
A variety of symptoms caused by worms, are much more difficult to diagnose. Therefore, parents should not neglect the maintenance, which must include tests for the detection of pinworms and ascarids.
Methods of diagnosis of helminthiasis
In order to identify the worms in the body of the child, often used ovoscopy. This study is the analysis of a feces on eggs of helminths, which are parasitic in the digestive tract. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to obtain absolute results, because all the worms lay their eggs in a systematic way.
More accurate results can be achieved with the help of histological coprograms, which is the microscopy of thin sections of cal. Through this study we could clearly identify the parts, the bodies of the worms and their eggs. As a result, it is possible not only to diagnose helminth infections, but also to determine the species of parasite.
If there is a suspicion that the localization of helminths in the lungs, visible on x-ray. In addition, examination of the sputum. To identify the parasites in the liver, brain or kidneys, to perform CT or ultrasound. Diagnosis of helminths in the blood, allowing the blood, which also helps to identify anemia or inflammatory processes in the body.
Worms in children: treatment
Therapy was the most effective, you need to consult a parasitologist and strictly follow its recommendations. Self-care antiprotozoal drugs is unacceptable, because they are quite toxic. In addition, it is worth considering that during the attack of different parasites require unique care, which is built depending on the life cycle of helminths. When calculating the dose, the doctor must take into account the child's age and weight.
Many drugs ineffective against larvae and eggs of worms. In addition, there is a big enough threat repeated car infections pinworms in children. So after 2-3 weeks, the treatment must be repeated.
Simultaneously assigned etiotropic medications, your doctor may recommend a cholagogue, if there is reason to suspect, that the parasites live in the gall bladder. Often prescribed laxatives early removal of parasites and sorbents to absorb toxins. Antihistamines reduce allergic reactions, and significantly improve the well-being of the child patient.
From folk remedies to combat worms used pumpkin seeds and the herb tansy. The seeds must be cleaned of parents, that the child could eat the thin film, which is located between the seed and the shell.
Getting rid of worms 300 g the product is crushed, mixed with honey and given to children 1 tbsp. Do it best in the morning and then have 3-4 hours to feed the baby. The treatment can be repeated after 2-3 weeks, depending on the development cycle of certain parasites.
One popular way to worms tansy is. Prepare the broth with 3 tablespoons of herbs, pour a glass of boiling water and leave for 1 hour, then drain. The skin should drink 3-4 times a day on a tablespoon.
To cope with toxins and destroy the worms help the products, which have a bitter taste. For these purposes, it is recommended to use wormwood and cloves. In addition, almost all of the worms do not tolerate an acidic environment. So to cope with worms by including in the diet of sauerkraut, Apple cider vinegar, the natural juices of sour fruits and vegetables.
If you suspect the presence of worms in children, it is necessary to include in the diet of a large number of fresh carrots. Also very useful to drink natural carrot juice and infusion of birch buds. For its preparation a teaspoon of raw pour a glass of water and heat in steam bath for half an hour. Two hours later, the infusion is ready for use. It is recommended to take half a glass means twice a day. The course of treatment – 1 week.
Prevention of worms in children
No need to deal with the unpleasant consequences of helminth infection, it is recommended to carry out preventive measures. This should give your child raw water sources or wells. Before use, such water should be filtered and boiled.
After contact with the ground your hands need a good wash with soap and water. Not less carefully it is necessary to wash vegetables, herbs, fruits and berries, that are eaten children and other family members. It is very important to carefully heat processing of meat, fish and poultry. It is not recommended to offer the children dried, salted or raw foods that are not heat treated.
After bathing in the waters, it is necessary to take a shower. You should not allow Pets to lick your hands or face of the baby, because their language can be helminth eggs. After contact with animals should wash their hands. In addition, be sure to perform cleaning of aquarium pets, and the whole family undergo preventive medical examinations.