Even the development of technologies and household chemicals with a range of detergents does not save our society from parasitic invasion. The number one reason is dirty hands.
There are types of worms that are not dangerous to humans, and they can be easily removed from the body. In addition, parasitologists know those who kill their predators.
What worms can live in us?
Helminths can live in both animal and human bodies. They are not parasites in vain, because they feed on the sources of the infected body. Worms not only harm us by eating the food we deserve, but also disrupt the normal functioning of the liver, heart, lungs and other organs. It is known to penetrate the hearing aid, eyes and brain.
Those who came as "guests" who were not invited more than others were divided into three groups by experts. These types of parasites have become champions in terms of the number of infections, as they account for more than 70% of reported infections.
A brief explanation:
- Roundwormscombines pinworms, roundworms and dog roundworms (also called toxocara).
- The simplest parasites.These include lamblia, amoeba, toxoplasmosis, and malaria plasmodia.
- Flatworms.This class includes echinococci, widespread lentophytes (difillobothriasis) and bovine tapeworm here and there.
Any of the 150 species of parasitic organisms can cause helminthiasis (helminth infection). Scientists have discovered more than that, 12, 000 species of helminths are known to science. Let's think more about which worms live in the human body.
The most common types are:
- Pinworms.Very small white worms that live and reproduce in the digestive system of their predators. Most often, damage to these types of worms leads to disruption of the microflora of the intestinal tract. This adverse effect causes subsequent diseases of the genitourinary system, enterobiasis, disorders of the nervous system, retardation of physical growth and mental development. Dirty hands, unwashed food and pets are the main ways of human infection.
- Ascaris.These worms, which develop in the human body, sometimes reach a length of 0, 4 meters. Ascaris can move from its permanent place of residence, from the intestinal tract to the lung area. During the trip, the worm damages the tissues, which causes bleeding. When larvae cough from the upper respiratory tract, they enter the oral cavity and are absorbed by the digestive system. An outside observer confuses this cough with a cold. They also damage the microflora of the intestinal tract by poisoning them with toxins. In turn, they feed on foods designed for us. Poisoning of the body causes allergies, asthma attacks and suffocation. Dirty hands are Ascaris' favorite vehicle when moving to a new body.
- Vlasoglav.He is given a third place in the number of infections. This worm enters the body of a new victim with poorly processed food. Causes trichocephalosis. The patient loses appetite, complains of abdominal pain, anemia and diarrhea. External manifestations of the disease can not be immediately distinguished from an attack of appendicitis.
- Wide ribbonIn a sense, this worm claims to be a champion because it reaches 10 meters and sometimes even more. But there are parasites and more original. Solved with the use of freshwater fish. The wolf takes from the "owner" everything that a person needs to strengthen and nourish himself. It is not selective in organ damage and can harm anyone. Symptoms of this worm include headache and hallucinations (if it enters the brain), nausea, and vomiting. Its movements and partial appearance are similar to those of pork and cattle tapeworms, but it is longer than the worm.
- Hookwormsdo not penetrate food and mouth. We have different ways of infecting the skin. Living in polluted land, they expect to come into contact with people. Their disadvantage is that the worms damage the intestines and lungs, and at the same time feed on blood. Symptoms are associated with abdominal pain and problems with the esophagus.
- Trichinella.Worm infestation occurs when eating meat (especially hunting). The presence in the body gives the following external manifestations:
- abdominal pain;
- high fever (after two weeks of stay);
- intestinal diseases;
- skin rash.
Important.These types of worms damage human limbs and facial muscles, the respiratory system, and even the deadly heart.
People sometimes carelessly treat helminthic infestation as an unpleasant but very easily tolerated disease. Therefore, their beliefs do not encourage them to be extremely careful when they come in contact with any dirt, poorly processed food, or pets.
Such criminal negligence has unfortunate consequences. Worms are able to kill their prey without pain and organ damage. The most dangerous are helminths that feed on human blood and food.
The differences between the worms of the parasites are the degree of damage and the method of penetration into the body of the new "host". Echinococci are known for the formation of cysts, bovine tapeworms damage the intestines, opisthorchiasis eats the liver constantly. Every day he loses a certain number of cells.
Protozoa parasites multiply very quickly when conditions are right. Giardia seems to be hidden for a while and has no manifestations. Toxoplasmas hit a person's head and affect the brain, which in turn affects the victim's behavior.
Plasmodium malaria kills blood cells and can kill a victim.
Consequences of infection:
- development of malignant tumors;
- weakens immunity;
- metabolism is disturbed.
Most helminths live in the intestines, liver and lungs. Some cases indicate damage to muscle tissue, joints, eyes, and the brain. With blood flow, parasites can migrate to any part of the body, creating problems where they are visible.
Symptoms of parasite presence
Manifestations of helminthic invasion are very different. But they also have common symptoms:
- weak and swollen muscle pain;
- joints do not hurt, but they hurt;
- liver and spleen size increases;
- skin rash;
- high temperature.
You can add:
- itching near the anus, abdominal pain, gastrointestinal discomfort, constipation, vomiting, diarrhea and intestinal enlargement, possibly obstruction, the person becomes weak and complains of anemia;
- Intoxication with parasitic secretions disrupts the nervous system, causing headaches, dizziness and nausea. Because parasites eat substances designed to strengthen a person, the body is weakened and constantly falls asleep, causing unreasonable fatigue, sleep disturbances, and it is also difficult to carry out serious mental work;
- symptoms of itching and allergies, urticaria, broken hair and nails, bronchial asthma, rhinitis and dry cough;
- Weakened immunity allows access to various infections, inflammation of the mouth and nose causes stomatitis, sinusitis and sinusitis;
- Women develop inflammation of the appendages and fishy odor (bacterial vaginosis).
Worms sometimes make the body of an infected person such that once they are removed, a completely healthy life is no longer possible. Therefore, if you notice any of the symptoms, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Pictures of worms that can live in you
Worms of various types, sizes and shapes can be found in the human body. They use any method of migration to live at the expense of others. It is believed that 4/5 of the population of our planet has helminthic infestation and carries various parasites. One cannot assume that one is not only eating, but also being a "tenant" in the gut.
Symptoms of their presence are not immediate and are not expressed at all. Prolonged stay of worms will lead to chronic diseases of the body. It is believed that many diseases begin with worms. Before starting treatment, you should first know your internal enemy so as not to fight blindly.
Human worms are divided into species:
- ribbon worms;
It's not a pleasant experience to look at a parasite, but it's worse to carry it with you. People think that someone can invade, but it will not affect me. How shocking it is to know that a wolf has come and settled in their bodies!
Thanks to such materials, smart people are better armed to protect themselves and their loved ones. But no one and nothing should do in the destruction of uninvited "guests".
If the parasites are different, the treatment is not always the same. Do not give the same pill for lice and ascaris, there are significant differences in lifestyle, locations and method of infection. First, they learn the type of helminth, the direction of its harmful activity, and only then the doctor chooses a drug, taking into account the age and other health characteristics of each patient.
Thus, after receiving sufficient information about the types of worms, their symptoms, and the degree of damage, the reader can be diagnosed and undergo appropriate tests to be prescribed by a parasitologist. All worms are equally dangerous, but any type of them poisons the body with waste products, and each feeds on one of us: food or body tissues.
For information.The term "parasite" comes from the Greek word for parasite. Two or more organisms live side by side, but one feeds and multiplies at the expense of the other, "sitting on the neck" of the other. The digestive system can contain both multicellular helminths and protozoa. Tapeworms, roundworms and pinworms are very common. They have a relatively complex body structure.
The vast majority of helminths cause very serious diseases that adversely affect overall well-being and human health. With this in mind, it is worth contacting a doctor for a diagnosis when the first signs of anxiety that do not pass during the treatment of a cold or skin rash with a headache appear.
Today, doctors have enough methods and high-precision technology to confirm or deny the suspicion of infection with parasitic worms. If helminths are found, only a specialist can choose the most optimal course of treatment.
How to prevent helminthic heat? Do you need to constantly limit yourself to this or that holiday, literally, "squeezing" your life in order to follow complex postulates?
In fact, intestinal parasite infestation and subsequent treatment can be prevented by following very simple rules:
- wash your hands only with soap;
- drink filtered water;
- not only wash fruits and vegetables with water, but also pour hot water over them;
- Avoid swimming in polluted water bodies;
- meat and fish products must undergo mandatory heat treatment;
- Children's toys used outdoors are disinfected;
- Vaccinate pets against parasites.
But everyone should start with himself, because all the modern achievements do not make sense for family members living in our house, if you neglect only personal hygiene and preventive measures. Taking care of your health, early detection (if an infection occurs), competent and timely treatment - all this will help prevent major personal problems and the spread of disease around you.
Preventing parasitic worms is much easier than deteriorating your health, any kind of disorder and fever, and you should continue to follow the rules. Not just a course of hygiene, but treatment, diet and restoration of immunity. It is better if you do without surgery. See for yourself, it's easier.