So happens in nature that every organism is a neighbor who lives near him, often leads to a parasitic way of life and can hurt. Plants, animals and people have such neighbors. They are called parasites. In humans, they most often reside in the intestine. This area is prone to both adults and children. But most of the parasitic diseases affecting children 2 to 7 years. How to treat worms in children? A lot of options. Ten infected by helminths, eight children. There are many different explanations. The main reason is the following:
- unwashed hands;
- vegetables, fruits, non-processed water;
- communication with Pets;
- playing in the sandbox contaminated with the eggs of worms;
- poorly cooked meat or fish dishes;
- contact with a sick person.
At home parents need from a very early age to teach children the rules of personal hygiene. It takes a lot of time, but since childhood, the child is useful in the habit of washing hands after visiting public places, the toilet, after playing with animals and before eating. This is to avoid the risk of Developing a variety of parasites, and you don't need to deal with the child's worms.
The diversity of species of parasitic
Due to the fact that the child is not experiencing discomfort unproductive hygiene, germs and bacteria easily enter the body through dirty hands. Scientists are investigating in more detail this issue, and they revealed that nearly two hundred and twenty species of parasitic inhabitants in the human body can be about eighty. The most common of them, which occurs in humans, it is roundworm and pinworm. At the same time the disease is called ascariasis. Usually parasites are divided into two main categories:
- outside the bowel.
Intestinal reside in the intestine and the intestinal internal organs and can move the body in the blood.
The most common intestinal diseases of the bowel. Not every "intruder" is a possibility to solve the human body. There are a number of barriers in the human body, to overcome which is not so easy. Sometimes worms will die as soon as it is hit in the mouth – the impressive environment of the mouth will destroy them. If this has not happened, and parasites trapped in the stomach, the gastric acid becomes a destructive parasite. Common worms, intestinal local immunity, the digestive system, killing them, however, this happens only if the body is immune and is not weakened by disease or antibiotics.
Sometimes it happens that obstacles do not work, and parasites feel good in the body and turn into Mature individuals.
The most common worms children – pinworm and roundworm. But, Usually, the children are exposed and these parasites:
- round worms (pinworm, roundworm, Trichinella);
- worms, flukes (Siberian Fluke, liver fluke and schistosomiasis);
- flat, ribbon worms (tapeworm, tapeworm, tapeworm).
Helminths combined into three groups:
- round worms class Nematoda;
- flat tapeworms – cestodes group;
- flatworms-flukes – a group of trematodes.
Each group has a huge number of parasites, which thrive in the body of the animal or human. They comfortably live in their "host", multiplying, eating the intestinal microflora.
Representatives have the following parasites:
Representatives of cestodes, are the following parasites:
- beef tapeworm;
- pork tapeworm;
- midget parasite;
- the tapeworm.
Representatives of the trematodes are of the following parasites:
- cat fluke;
- lung parasites;
Representatives from each group much more, but this is the typical and most common representatives of parasites. The residence of helminths – are not always gastrointestinal tract. Many species are moved around the body of its "host", where the currents of the blood, accumulate in the internal organs. When hit in the heart, kidney, liver, or remain under the skin, the parasites from the tissues. They poison the body with their waste products and cause significant harm.
Symptoms of helminthiasis
The danger of contracting maintained all year round, but in summer, the probability is higher. Very often the disease is detected during inspections in preschool, and parents are put before it, the parasite in children, their baby. At home a child is sick less frequently. There are certain symptoms that suggest infection in a child:
- changes in appetite: your child or has no appetite or hungry all the time;
- violations of the gastrointestinal tract – pain in the hypochondrium, nausea, constipation or diarrhea;
- the presence of a variety of allergic reactions;
- increased fragility of nails and hair;
- skin inflammation;
- tearfulness, insomnia, frequent mood swings, agitation - these symptoms naturally out of the intestinal form of the disease;
- low levels of hemoglobin in the blood;
- frequent headaches and dizziness.
Roundworms and pinworms are the most common parasites in children. Infection occurs only through the mouth. Cases in childhood are very common, and although the disease can be treated easily and quickly, should not be taken lightly this situation. Careful parents should know the main symptoms of infection by helminths. Symptoms of ascariasis and enterobiasis are different. In enterobioze:
- intolerable itching of the anus, especially during sleep;
- the baby sleeps restlessly, tossing and turning, loudly grind your teeth;
- noticeable instability weight or stunted growth;
- marked nervous system symptoms: irritability, mood swings;
- the child begins to experience difficulties in school: decreased concentration, perseverance, the child is distracted and inattentive;
- urinary incontinence in girls.
- abdominal pain, nausea, feeling of fullness in the stomach;
- the blood results low hemoglobin;
- several respiratory diseases with prolonged period of flow.
Ascariasis pay attention to these symptoms:
- palpation of the enlarged liver, the child complaints of heaviness under the ribs on the right;
- appear on the skin allergies;
- purulent rashes on the skin and mucous membranes;
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract – flatulence, loss of appetite, underweight.
- redness and soreness around the anus;
- pale skin, yellow;
- weakness, fatigue.
Folk methods for the treatment of helminthiasis
Our ancestors gave us plenty of information about how to treat worms in children. Many plants have a special ability to expel parasites from the human body. Such plants are:
- St. john's wort;
- pumpkin and pumpkin seeds;
We must not forget that the goal is not only to destroy the worms, but also to mitigate the results of their aggression on the body. It is necessary to strengthen the general condition and reduce the consequences of intoxication. Be very careful when you use folk remedies. Some of them can harm the baby! One should not forget, as a child years and take into account the peculiarities of children's organism. If the use of pumpkin seeds is completely harmless, then garlic enema for children, it is not recommended! Folk remedies to help relieve itching in the anal area and prevent re-infection. A Decoction of chamomile compresses or baths to ease the discomfort.
The effect of treatment of worms in the body
If the drug is prescribed by a doctor, taking into account the age and characteristics of the child's body, don't be concerned about the toxicity and hazards of such treatment. Likely to one dose and repeat in a week (sometimes 7 days) to produce a lasting therapeutic effect. Feature of the treatment is such that the status of the baby marked short-term deterioration of the general state of health. This is due to the fact that the worms die in the body and produce toxins. You can do this, at the same time treatment against worms, the doctor will prescribe chelators. Children 2-11 years of age should carefully monitor the dosage of medication and to follow, what to treat worms.
Prevention of the disease helminth infections
To prevent the disease is the strict adherence to norms and rules and hygienic norms. The home should control, that the child adhere to certain standards of behavior.
The following simple steps, you can avoid this unpleasant disease. 7 basic rules:
- qualitatively wash produced food;
- adhere to the heat treatment of meat and fish;
- to adhere to hygienic after using the toilet, and public places; wash hands before eating;
- daily change underwear and wash;
- after contact with a Pet, remember to wash your hands;
- when you live with a pet, regular treatment against worms.
If a child is sick and you have overcome the disease, to prevent re-entering you must:
- every night to change the child's underwear and ironed it with a hot iron;
- change bedding at least once a week, and ironed with a hot iron on both sides;
- monitor the nails of the child;
- not having your fingers in his mouth.
Compliance with these recommendations helps to avoid re-infection worms.